The sanctuary is open for worship. Masks optional.
“We Press On"
(A Journey Through Philippians)
John V Callahan Jr, Pastor
The date is approaching fast and we’re making preparations. Don’t miss out!
Join us in the parking lot at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 1 for the festivities!
Join us each Sunday at 9:45 a.m. as we continue studying God's Word and learning more about Him.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT VACCINATED…
· We wish for you to practice the CDC guidelines of mask wearing and social distancing, when entering the church. We are concerned for your health, and so we want you to be safe when participating in worship, groups, and fellowship.
FOR THOSE 12-YEARS-OLD AND UNDER…
· At present you probably are not vaccinated, so we wish for you to wear masks and distance socially. Again, we are concerned for your health and safety within the church building.
· We will check your temperature when entering the building to make sure you are not running a fever.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE PARTIALLY OR FULLY VACCINATED…
· This means you have received one dose of vaccine (partially) or you have undergone the two-week waiting period after receiving your second dose (fully).
· You have the option of wearing a mask or not (YAY!). It is up to you – it all depends on your comfort level.
· This includes all activities in the church. I myself am fully vaccinated and so most likely I will not wear a mask during worship.
During worship, the Nave area (the section to the right side of the sanctuary that I jokingly call “The Penalty Box”) is a designated sitting area for those that want to maintain mask wearing and social distancing.
· This does not mean that if you choose to wear a mask that you must sit in this area. You may wear a mask in the “main” section of the sanctuary.
· Again, it is up to you and your comfort level.
FOR EVERYONE WHO COMES TO WORSHIP…
· Contact tracing will continue during the worship service in order to maintain church attendance for the church office.
Lastly, all of these changes will occur on Sunday, June 20. We will make announcements from the pulpit, so that you are aware of what the Session recommends. Signage will be posted in the church outlining masking guidelines.
It is a lot to take in, so please take some time and read over what I offer above.
I went back to my first COVID missive in March 2020, and this is how it ended:
“It is during such strange times that we realize the church is not a building. It never was. It is and always has been the people who make us the Body of Christ. We are the Church. We are people of faith and we hold on to Jesus Christ as our Savior and Guide. Be the Church in these coming days. Reflect Christ whether we are together or apart.”
We have held on. We have been the church even from a distance. God was faithful to us even in our solitary spaces. As we move from the isolation and restriction, doors will open up. New possibilities for ministry and mission will present themselves. God will call us to be his Body in this world, and lives will be touched by our work. We look forward to the coming months and what God has in store for us.
Find out about our mission, vision and history at Morrow Presbyterian.
Learn about our children and youth programs!
Get involved in our small groups and missions at Morrow Presbyterian Church!
Sunday School Assembly: 9:30 a.m. - on HOLD
Sunday School Classes: 9:30 a.m. - Online only until August 1, then in-person and online
Sunday Worship Service: 11:00 a.m. - In-Person and FACEBOOK LIVE STREAM
Kids Club: 5:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. - Online until July 11, then in-person
Youth Fellowship: 5:00 p.m. - 7 p.m. - In Person
Sunday Night Fellowship Service: 5 - 7 p.m. All ages beginning July 11, 2021
6171 Huie Drive, Morrow, Georgia 30260, United States
08:30 am – 03:45 pm